Wednesday 24 September 2008

Impressions of Course (after just 2 days!)

Well, so far so good.

Yesterday we were suggested to to start our own blog, so here's mine. I'm just going to be blogging about my course at the The Arts Institute, how I'm feeling, what I'm learning and how I'm getting along with all.

Only 2 days in so very early to get to analytical about things, but the course content looks great and lecturers all seem down to earth and actually interested in what students are doing!

I guess things are a little different for me being the ripe old age of 30 now. Already had a few fossil jokes from some! It feels very odd to be back in full time education, although this time I'm highly motivated and can't wait to get my teeth into it.

We were shown some of last years final projects on Monday, which, although inspiring, I found a little *gulp* intimidating! How the hell am I going to be able to produce something like that?

Biggest fears right now are finances. No money through as yet and down to about £16. Need to call student loans company today!!! Not sure if photoshop skills are up to scratch and most seem a lot more confident than I was at 18-19. Work has asked me to do some 20 hours a week too - don't think I can do that many so will have to keep an eye on my work/study balance. Want to get as much as I can out of this course.

Looking forward to the group being split as I prefer smaller groups.

Anyway, today we are getting our library cards - how exciting. I think we are all a little spoon fed at this stage. I would prefer to be told "you all need to do A,B and C by next week" and then be left to get on with it. Patients will be needed. I wanted to join the library yesterday so I could queue jump for the reading material, now there will be a stampede for the books suggested. Lets see if I can lead the stampede. Hey, I'm a poet, and I wasn't even aware of it!

No comments: