Tuesday 18 November 2008

Done and Dusted

And so it passed! Deadline time has come and gone and I am sooo pleased I printed my book on Saturday. I may have made some mistakes by having some of the text hyphenated, but judging by the stress levels of some who were trying to print today, I'm happy with that!

I was actually ready to hand in at midday but someone said to me "I'm not handing in mine until the last moment 'cos I can keep adding to it". He had a point but I really felt that if any content wasn't there now, it was for a reason and I didn't want to put things in for the sake of it.

So I signed in my work with Kit around 2ish and walked away. It's all done now. I don't think I'm going to get a particularly high mark for my work but I am very keen to get feedback during the individual tutorial of my strengths and weaknesses and where I can improve. Having said that, I'm very proud of the book I produced. I never would have imagined I could produce a book in just 7 days. From initial concept, to critique through to print and presentation.

We also had our new brief today, for Amnesty International. A little daunting but very exciting and I'm looking forward to this. I need to come up with a really strong idea and develop it. I already have an idea for an advert, but it would be raising awareness rather than encouraging donations, so probably won't follow it up.

No comments: