Sunday 16 November 2008

It's The Final Countdown

Tuesday 4pm is the deadline. Roughly a day and half to get everything completed and in to be assessed. I have spent most of Sunday putting my book together and now have to do the write-up and complete one of my editorial illustrations and then, I think, I'm done!

It's not been easy. I spent 9-3.30 at Uni on Saturday, finalising the content of my book. I really wanted some feedback from Sally or Neil before printing especially after I made some changes to the content after the critique on Friday. (Sally was away on Friday though and Neil was mega busy, so I went it alone). I tried to put more examples of my work in there and have also added more text about how each thing has effected me personally.

Time was slipping away so I printed on Saturday - after driving to The Range in search of some suitable paper, and then to Staples as The Range had bugger all - thinking that Monday, everyone will want to print and it will be a madhouse, not to mention, probably quite emotionally charged! I'm not really happy with some of the text in the book. I think it could have been set out better, I saw Clive for some advice but he didn't really solve the issue and his ideas were a little too radical considering the timescale.

On a side note, I'm convinced I need to buy a Mac now. If I had one at home, I could work at home and not have to be in Uni. When my grant money comes through, I think I'll have to splash out. They're expensive but it's a necessity now almost!

So tomorrow will be fun, I reckon. I haven't written anything for my tutorial with Anna. I think she should have held the tutorials next week, after the deadline. I know they put all the deadlines together to make us feel a bit more like we are working in industry, but I think we all have enough to do and Anna should have waited a week. Nobody is really going to take on any of her comments because we all have other things on our mind. We'll see how it goes.

Off to bed now to dream of scoring paper, measuring to the millimetre and cutting were I shouldn't have.

No comments: