Monday 9 March 2009

Live Briefs

I have decided to take advantage of the live briefs received by Matt Desimer at the Enterprise Unit to help increase my skills, portfolio and also future opportunities.

I have started work on the Save Energy UK brief and design a couple of logos. So far they're just sketches, but I hope to put them into Illustrator to produce a more professional look and send them into Matt so he can show them to the client. I don't really expect my designs to get chosen, but it's a good challenge and in only 12 months I will be looking for work somewhere in this industry and feel a stronger portfolio with more depth is only going to be beneficial.

Its also a good chance to put into practice everything I've learnt so far on the course. We haven't done any branding or logo design but I can use some of the skills I gained in during the Amnesty brief and also my typography skills (or lack of).

From what I understand the turnaround on all the briefs he receives is quite quick, around a couple of weeks is average, which is good as it shouldn't interfere with curriculum work but still gives you enough time to develop some strong concepts.



No comments: