Wednesday 17 June 2009

First Commisioned Work!

This summer has seen me produce my first piece of design work that I will be getting paid for. I must add at this point it was done for my girlfriend for her new business and payment consisted of her taking me to dinner, but I'll take all I can get!

The business id for an Image consultancy, where people are unsure of how to dress and act when going to a new job or just in their private lives. Working with someone as a client and a partner can actually be very demanding, as I was kind of finding my own way as I've never produced a branding design before.

It took me about a month of evening work from start to final print and I learned a huge amount about what needs to be done to produce something like this. Its not a case of designing something and that's it, I had to oversee everything from early drafts through to printing.

I don't know who is more pleased, the client is delighted with her "look" and I am too for the experience. I produced a business card, paper and compliments slip. Here is the business card.

No comments: