Thursday 8 October 2009

Its good to talk!

After our group tutorial I feel I have some good ideas going forward for my "Thank you!" brief. I proposed my idea of saying thanks for a recent job opportunity and how I wanted to incorporate this into wine packaging. Before the tutorial I felt like I had hit a brick wall. I believed in my idea but couldn't get it on to the next level.

It was suggested to look at the visual language that advertisers use. If the receiver of the gift is in advertising, make it suitable for the audience. I thought about different types of advertising, Billboard, Ambient, Gorilla and had a lot of ideas. Also I want to look at other packaging ideas. The box is good, but I can also use the paper its wrapped in, or the bag it's supplied in.

I'm overflowing with ideas now so I need to look at each one, along with my notes and decide which one to pursue. It really does prove that talking helps, I would never have got there on my own!

No comments: