Monday 20 October 2008

2nd PAL Session + Less Structure = Success

Today we had another session with Vicky, Luke, George and Ringo which was quite beneficial as we were able to see some of their 1st year work and projects. Pretty good standard all round and made me realise I need to put more into my sketchbook NOW!!! I knew I was behind but realise now just how far behind :-0

Really enjoyed the flash animations that we were shown. George's LEGO one was excellent and I would like to do something similar if possible. I brought loads of Play Mobile toys from a shop in Brighton and I would love to set these to a song and make a little music video using them...not sure what our brief will involve, we'll have to see...but I've been wanting to use the toys since I brought them!

The session was a bit something and nothing, I don't think they planned the time too well but in all honesty, it worked better that way. Less structure meant it was less formal and we ended up all talking about different aspects of the course - for me personally it worked well and in the end we over ran into the next hour with a class outside waiting for us to finish!

They all have a different take on things and it's good to hear what they have to say. One point Luke made was that last year they mentioned that the critiques took too long because the group was too large, which is also the same for us I feel.

They're all approachable and friendly too, which sounds obvious but hearing feedback from others in our year, not all PAL sessions are as enjoyable or beneficial as ours.

No comments: