Wednesday 29 October 2008

Time Managment!

Today I had a group tutorial with Kit and realised just how much I need to do to do myself justice. I know I'm learning and researching but if I don't demonstrate it, how can I prove it?

After the tutorial I rushed home and made a list of things I need to do, things I should do and things I want to do. I have it clear the depth required from my sketchbook now. It has been difficult because the idea of keeping a sketchbook doesn't come naturally to me. I have a pocket Moleskine where I write ideas, websites etc, but to log my learning process through sketches, photos, cut outs, writings, thoughts etc., is new to me.

I think I may have to revisit Poole for my editorial Illustrations too. I think the photos I took where too detailed and not generic enough. I have really zoomed in on my subjects and feel now I would benefit from having more "overview" of Poole style photos. Maybe I'll shoot over on my Vespa early Saturday morning. Weather permitting! :-)

Tomorrow I have my 2nd Illustrator class but I wasn't aware of this and due to work commitments won't be able to make it. I tried to call today to advise Clive but couldn't locate him. I'll have to hunt him down and ask him to run through it with me one-to one.

Work does have a lot to answer for so far. Obviously I knew before I started I would have to balance things well, but losing all day Thursday and Friday is really hard. The weekends are non existent at the moment, just a blur of mostly reading course material and the Sundays, sketchbooks and trying to have some sort of life! How selfish!

This weekend is going to be another marathon, but I like it really. It's all for my good.

No comments: