Tuesday 26 January 2010

Birthday books & D&AD

As it was my birthday last week, I asked for books when the obvious question came along. So what did I get I hear you ask? Only these little beauties:

Typography (Ambrose/Harris)
Logo (Evamy, Michael)
Guerrilla Advertising (Lucas, Gavin)
Design Matters: Logos (Various)
The Art of looking sideways (Fletcher, Alan)
Grids (Ambrose/Harris)

Quite happy with those, as you'd imagine. I had flicked through most of them previously or loaned them from the library, but now they're all mine! I'm starting to build up quite an impressive library of my own actually.

And for those of you paying attention, the also recently acquired (at large expense) Grid Systems in Graphic Design (Muller-Brockamn) was a really good purchase. I was concerned with paying over £35 for it but it's currently on amazon for £50, so I actually think I did quite well.

D&AD
I am going to attempt the Quaker Oats packaging brief for D&AD and I will be working on my own. Its hard to find time to work with others although these briefs seem quite intimidating and the chance to work with someone would be good. I may complete more than one brief as I like the look of The Bodyshop, Metro, Elmwood and LBi briefs too.

Probably a bit ambitious to have a go at all of them though!

No comments: