Sunday 31 January 2010

Live Brief - Panda On A Bike

The designs for Panda On A Bike are complete. I visited the client this weekend and after the trial print run, a few changes were made (like putting the correct postcode!) and he and I are both happy to get the final printing done.

In total I have produced a logo, invoice sheet, headed paper and compliments slip. No business cards as yet as he is still in employment and would like to keep it discreet. There is a possibility of a web page to show off previous work, but this will be further down the line.

I have learned how to see a project through to completion, from the initial sketched to the final printing process. Working in Image XL last summer helped me understand the printing process quite well and I was able to suggest to my client paper weights for the printing and also had an idea of costs.

It has taken time to complete but as he is often busy it can be hard to locate him, even on his mobile or through his mail. Basically I just pestered the heck out of him when I needed some information and finally got it. I imagine working in industry will be similar, although as I know this client I was able to hassle them more than I would a professional client.

He has sent off invoices for work he has completed but as I haven't worked on anything yet, I have no client based work to show. But with his contacts we are hoping that in the summer, when I am more available, we will work more closely on projects.

No comments: