Sunday 31 January 2010

Live Brief - MADD Events development

I have developed my logo ideas for MADD Events to incorporate the word "events" into the title. I have produced a 16 page pdf. document of different ideas and hopefully they will be well received...except they can't be at the moment as the blackboards/outlook mail server isn't working.

Initially the deadline is today, so I'll keep trying. I think Alycia has been ill recently and she did say we could maybe meet early next week to discuss ideas, so I don't think it will be a problem if she receives them tomorrow rather than today.

It was hard to include the word events in the title, because they had chosen one of my designs that was quite compact initially. I did some research in some of my recently acquired books but struggled to find a solution. As is the way sometimes, the idea came to me around midnight last night, when I was just about to turn off my computer and call it a day. I cam up with two more designs which I am quite pleased with and don't alter the original too much. Neither are particularly groundbreaking, but sometimes the most simple and obvious...just works!

Maybe I should take more breaks?

1) I decided to use Gill Sans for the word event, as it doesn't detract from the original design and sits well with the logo. It also contrasts from the heavier Helvetica font. It makes it quite elegant and keeps the logo to good proportions.

2) I decided to use the M character to place the word events. This keeps the overall proportions similar to the original but as it is white on green it also draws the eye to it.

These are my two favourite re designs, which experience tells me they won't get chosen!

No comments: