Saturday 20 February 2010

Professional Project

Yes! Finally after what seemed like a weeks banging my head against a brick wall and being inside a creative vacuum, I have thought of an idea for this unit.

I want to create and alternative guide to places that aren't the typical "10 places you must visit whilst in London/NYC/Paris".

Kit told me about Mr and Mrs and at first I thought, this isn't what I was thinking of! I was very close to changing my idea o a packaging project as I am really interested in packaging design, but later that day I got my hands on Sophie Calle's book "Double Game" which I thought was fantastic. A bit neurotic but the narrative made it so interesting that I was engrossed.

As a result I am going to borrow a small idea from Sophie Calle and follow people from Barcelona, taking photographs and see where they head fro lunch. It comes back to the Mr and Mrs thing, because its about people in the know. Who knows a city better than those who live and work there? This way, I figure, I will be able to find all the "best" places for lunch across the city with an unsolicited recommendation. I plan to follow people from different walks of life and from different areas of the city and build up an alternative "guide" book to the city.

Its a bit weird, a bit odd and I could get arrested, but its a nice idea for a project and I'm really excited by it.

No comments: